This article you will learn how to configure your matter type settings. - This is where you can edit things like, description, change icons, turn on billing etc.
|WARNING: Only users with Admin permissions have the ability to add/change these settings.|
To get to the Matter Type settings:
- Go to Admin.
- Click on the Matter Types tile.
- Click on the Matter type that you would like to change the settings to.
- In the Matter Type Setting section click Edit.
Under the basic settings you can edit the following:
- Matter type name.
- Description - You can add a more specific description of the matter type.
- Enabled - When this is turned on, it allows users to create matters of this matter type.
- Inline customization - When this is turned on, users with admin permissions can customize the workflow within the matter screens. (For example - creating new workflow steps)
- Is billable - When turned on, this enables the billing function for this matter type.
Matter Type Icon
When you create a new matter type in Actionstep it is given the Actionstep logo, however you may want to add or create your own icon that represents the type of work you will be doing.
- To change the matter type icon, click change icon to "on".
- You can either select an icon from our Actionstep library or upload your own ("where it states please select a file").
- Then hit Save . The icon you either uploaded or choose will now show against all matters of that type.
Under the matter settings you can turn on or off the following:
- Matter Specific Icons - When this is turned on, users will be able to set a different icon for individual matters.
- Can close with a draft or open invoice - When this is turned on, users will be able to close an invoice, even if there is an open or draft invoice.
- Can close with unbilled time - When turned on users will be able to close matters even when there is unbilled time against that matter.
- Can close with unbilled disbursements - When turned on, users can close matters even when there is unbilled disbursements against that matter.
- File reference mandatory - When turned on, the file reference field is marked as required.
Under the other settings you can edit/ turn on or off the following settings:
- Default email subject - When composing an email from this matter, the default subject line will be populated. You can use merge fields in this field to create dynamic content.
- Use for marketing campaigns - When turned on, this matter type will be used as a marketing campaign workflow.
- Use for marketing events - When turned on, this matter type will be used as a marketing event workflow.
- Use for CRM- This option has been deprecated and will be removed in the future.
- Use for debt collection - When turned on, this matter type will be used as a Debit Collection workflow.
This section is only required if you are selling your workflow on the Actionstep marketplace.
This is where you can add, edit and delete participant types that can be associated with this matter type. For more information on participant types see - Introduction to Participant Types
|WARNING: Removing a participant type here will remove all existing assignees to that role in existing matters.|
When you add a new participant type you will need to also select the following options:
- Required - this will force the Matter to always have a contact associated to this participant type. Will cause the participant type to be shown on the Create Matter form.
- Primary - The 'Primary' participant type defines what participant type is shown in the matter header and around the system when displaying Matter information. This is usually the Client/Customer etc but can be changed depending on your needs. Only one participant type may be the primary.
- Default Filter - This option limits the default search results when adding a contact to a Matter. If no results are found (ie you type in a name not matching the filter), then this filter is ignored and the full contacts list is searched. 'Contacts of this type' will limit the available contacts to those which have the selected participant type associated with their contact record. 'System users' will only show contacts which have a login to your Actionstep system.
- Sort Order - When set, allows you to change the order in which participant types are displayed in the parties list. Will show in numerical order, lowest first, highest last then by alphabetical order on the participant type name. Leave blank to use alphabetical ordering.
To add a new participant type click on the "+ Add row" button.
To delete a participant type click on the "X" at the end of the row.
Client Portal Permissions allow you to share folders to contacts assigned to that participant type in each matter. After configuring, you will still need to enable access for each client on a per matter basis. For more information on the client portal see -Client Portal Overview
Client Portal Permissions Explained:
- Full - Toggle all portal permissions on/off.
- List - Allow the user to list documents in this folder. Without this, the folder will always appear empty even if they upload a document.
- Read - Allow the user to read/download documents from this folder.
- Create - Allow the user to create/upload new documents to this folder.
- Update - Allow the user to update/upload replacing an existing document.
- Delete - Allow the user to delete documents in this folder.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article