In this article, you will learn about creating and using alerts within matters, independent of tasks or appointments.
Typically, you would set reminders or alerts when creating a task or appointment. However, you can also create a standalone alert within a matter.
To Create a Standalone Alert Within a Matter:
- Click on the alert bell icon within the 'Matter Navigation Bar', as shown below. This will take you to a list of pending alerts
- Click on the 'Create alert' button in the top-right.
- You can set a custom due date/time, or use the presets provided.
- The alert will be assigned to a specified 'System User' and they will receive an accompanying message, which you can type into the text box within the alert creation form.
- Select an alert method and click on 'Submit' to create the new alert. Multiple alert methods can be selected.