This article will walk you through how to create a contact.
- To create a Contact Record, start by clicking on the "Global Create Button"
- Then, from the menu that opens, click on "Contact"
- Select the "Identity Type" dropdown and choose whether the contact is an Individual (eg. a client or attorney) or a Company (eg. client organization, bank, etc).
- Fill in the following details:
- Identity and Personal Information (For Individual only)
- Phone and Messaging Details
- Additional Phone and Messaging Information
- Physical Address
- Mailing Address
- Miscellaneous Information - (GST#/VAT# for Company & IRD#/NI# for Individual)
- Add Relationships - This is a relation between two different contact records. Relationships on contact records are bi-directional, and you can set these up in pairs as 'forward' and 'reverse' relationships.
- Select Default Contact Types. You can specify what type of contact you are adding here. When creating a workflow, you can choose to restrict parties to a particular contact type.
- Click "Save".