In this article, you will learn how to connect a Xero Database to a Practice Pro system and set up a Trust/Client and Office Account.
The first thing you need to do is edit the bank contact record. This represents your bank provider.
Click on the Search bar in the top right corner and type bank, and then select the “enter your bank name” contact record.
Once within the contact record, click on Edit, and change the name of the record to the name of your actual provider e.g., Natwest, ANZ, Barclays etc.
Once completed, navigate to Admin -> Accounting
If you have not selected an accounting package, you will have 3 options to choose from.
Once you select Xero, you will be met with a pop-up explaining that once you select an option, you won’t be able to change to another option at a later stage. Click “I understand” to move forward.
Creating a Trust / Client Account
To create a trust/client account, navigate to Admin -> Trust Accounting
If you haven’t set up your jurisdiction settings, you will need to do so first.
- In the Bank accounts section, click on the Green + to the right of the bank tab.
- In the GL account, select (Auto create new in Xero).
- In the account type, select the type of account you want to create. Most of the time, Current Account will be selected.
- Keep the Status as Open, select the bank contact record, and enter the number and name of the trust/client account.
- Once done, click on Save.
Creating an Office Account
To do so, navigate to Xero.
- Click on Accounting > Advanced, and then click on Chart of accounts.
- Click on Add Bank Account. In the next menu, select your bank account record. (You can sync your bank transactions with Xero, but I recommend that you leave this off. This is because if a transaction is made in your bank through the data sync, and you apply a payment to an invoice in Actionstep, you will see two transactions in Xero, which wouldn’t be accurate).
- Now, enter the office account name, and type, followed by the account number.
- Once this has been completed, click on Accounting > Bank accounts and find the account that has just been created.
- Once identified, click on the account, and then give it a 3-digit GL code. This helps your Actionstep system identify the office account.
- Now in Actionstep, navigate to Admin, Accounting, and then click on Refresh….
- Once done, you will now have created both a Trust/Client account and an Office account, and successfully connected Xero to Actionstep.
If you have any further questions on this set-up, please email email@example.com
- Xero Configuration in Actionstep Practice Pro + Accounting
- Xero Integration Overview
- Introduction to the Xero Integration
- Xero FAQs
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article