In this article, we'll review how you can edit or delete a transaction linked from Actionstep to Xero.
Once the link between Actionstep and Xero is established, any invoice or payment created in Actionstep will be pushed to Xero. Actionstep and Xero maintain a link for this transaction. When these transactions are linked, Actionstep will prevent users from making changes to these them. Therefore, in order to make changes to these transactions in Actionstep, users will need to unlink them from Xero.
Unlinking Invoices and Payments
Go to Admin > Integrations > Manage (Xero)
Select the type of transaction that you would like to unlink.
Select the box that corresponds with the entry you would like to unlink and then select "Unlink from". This will unlink that item from Xero.
|NOTE: Unlinked transactions still exist in both Actionstep and Xero. This means that you will likely need to go into Xero to edit or delete the transaction there.|
Best Practice Scenarios
Need to edit/delete a payment
- Delete the payment in Xero
- Unlink the Payment
- Delete or Edit (and Resave) the Payment in Actionstep
Payments which are edited and reposted will be recreated in Xero assuming that the invoice that is being paid is still linked.
Need to edit/delete an invoice
- Delete the invoice and any associated payments in Xero
- Unlink the Invoice and any associated payments in Actionstep
- Delete any associated payment in Actionstep
- Revert the Invoice in Actionstep to Draft
- Delete or Edit and Repost the Invoice in Actionstep
- If applicable, create a new invoice payment in Actionstep