In this article, we will review how to use the Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Actionstep plugins.
The Actionstep tab
Once the plugin has been installed you should see an Actionstep tab in the top menu of Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
- To open a document from Actionstep, click the 'Open' button on the Actionstep tab
- You can then search for a matter and browse its document folders to select the document you wish to open.
- This will open the document in the appropriate program. From here you can make any necessary changes and save them back to Actionstep.
- To save a document to Actionstep, click the 'Save' button on the Actionstep tab.
- You can then search for a matter and find the folder you wish to save the document to.
Opening documents from Actionstep
Plugin users can also open Word, Excel, and Powerpoint files directly from Actionstep.
- To do this first navigate to your matter document screen.
- Select "Preferences" and then ensure that the "Actionstep Plugin" setting is enabled. You will see an Actionstep plugin pop-up appear. Select "click here to activate".
- You can now select the document that you would like to open, select open, and then select "Open in Office via Actionstep Plugin"