In this article you will learn how to request to make a payment from the trust account.
Trust requests are currently being piloted for New Zealand customers only. If you want to be considered for the pilot, please contact Actionstep support.
- There are two ways you can get to the Trust Request main menu. The first is, If you are in the matter related to the payment then you can click on the "Trust Account" button.
- Click on "Trust Request".
- Alternatively, you can hover over "Trust" from the black menu bar at the top of your Actionstep page and click on "Trust Request".
- Both of these ways take you to the main trust request home page, here you will need to click on the "Make Payment" icon.
- Click Continue.
- Click on the "Add Payment Details".
- Here you will need to enter details such as:
- The Amount
- The Reason ( ie The settlement Funds)
- Pay To (ie The other parties law firm)
- The Requestor (ie you)
- Payment Method
- Click on the "Please select a file" button to upload any documents related to the transaction.
- Once all of the relevant details have been entered click "Save".
- Go to the Approvers section and click on "add approvers" . Here you will add anyone that needs to approve the trust request (ie Solicitor and Trust Accountant) .
- Scroll down to the Assignee Section and add the first approvers name. The trust request will be sent to them for approval.
- Click here to learn more about how to request to make a payment from the trust account: