You can customize the information that is displayed in a contacts screen using participant panels, similar to the panels available on matter overviews. These can be changed per participant type so that you only show information you need for that type of participant. For example, you might want to see the Purchase terms for a supplier but not want matters/actions they are assigned to. You might want to see the documents and notes associated with a client but not the roles of that contact.
Adding a new Participant Panel
- Go to Admin.
- Click on the Additional Settings tile.
- Click Edit in the participant types section.
- Select Panel counts next to Individual or Company participant type
- From the Edit Participant type screen click Add Row.
- From the Panel drop down menu choose the panel you would like to add (see below for a list the type of information you will find under each of the available panels). You can choose where on the overview screen the panel is displayed using the Column and Row drop down menus.
- Click Save.
Available Participant Panels
|Name of the panel||Information displayed in the panel|
|Address||Lists under seperate columns the physical and mailing address.|
|Phone & Messaging|
|Additional Contact Information||If you have added any further contact information like secondary email address, Facebook, etc. Then it will be displayed here.|
|Matters (Could be called Actions)||Displays a list of all Matters that are open and assigned to the contact.|
|Related Contacts||Lists all related contacts, what type or relation they are and if it is a forward or reverse relationship.|
|Roles||The roles that this contact has been assigned within matters.|
|Documents||Any documents loaded under the contact including name of the document, when it was created and by whom.|
|Notes||Listing any notes entries made against the client.|
|Actionstep Logins||Listing the login's setup for this contact to the database you are currently logged into.|
|Tags||Listing any tags that you have associated with this contact.|
|Sale/Purchase Shipping Address||Shows the shipping address that will be sent for sale purchase documents such as invoices and purchase orders.|
Removing an existing Participant Panel
- Follow steps 1-4 from the adding a new participant panel section above.
- Click on the "X" of the panel that you want to remove.
- Click Save.