Participant Custom Data allows you to create custom data for participants on matters. This can be useful in a situation where, if you want to collect additional information regarding a client and those fields are not in the contact record, then you can create your own custom fields.
For example, if a client has a Customer Number or a Tax Number that never changes and will be used across a variety of matters, you can create a custom data field so that this data can be stored against the contact itself.
Participant Custom Data is available for any participant type in Actionstep and can be used system-wide or limited to the use in a matter.
What can you do with Participant Custom Data?
- Create merge fields that can be user on document /email templates.
- Add to matter overview screens, so that you can see the details on the matter.
- Add to list views for reporting.
|WARNING: Participant Custom Data cannot be used in Zapier.|
Accessing Participant Custom Data
Participant custom data can be accessed by:
- Click on Admin.
- Scroll down to the Additional Settings tile.
- Click edit in the participant types section.
- Under the Data Field Count column you will be able to see how many custom data fields each participant type has.