In the step actions section, you can choose what will happen as a user moves a matter to this step. For each switch that is displayed, there will be a number of options to choose what is created, what the user is prompted to do or what is allowed to happen on this step.
For the task options to show please switch the task section to "On".
The task section will appear at the bottom of your screen:
In this section you can create and edit tasks that will be created on the matter as it is moved to the step. Tasks are important as they set out the work that needs to be done by various parties at each step. They also enforce compliance by specifying if a task is mandatory or not. (Click here for more information on Tasks).
To add a new task click on the create new task button.
Enter the following information:
- Select who you would like to assign the task to.
- Select who the task is assigned by (For example user changing step)
- Required - On a step change, the user cannot prevent automatic task creation. Turn this on or off.
- Choose a priority for the task.
- Set a quick-code if applicable (see more on Quick Codes here)
- Enter a name for the task (For example - call client with update)
- Enter a description of the task.
- Select a due date for the task (For example 4 weekdays after the step change date)
- Data collection link- When set, this task will link to a data- collection to save the user time finding the relevant data.
- Document template link - When set, this task will link to a template to save the user time finding the relevant template.
- Tags - When set, you can associate a tag with this task. Tags are used for some region - specific reports and exports.
- Completion rules - When turned on , this forces the task to be completed before moving to the next step,
- Create time entry when complete - Turn this on if you want the user to track their time or bill this task.
- Click Save.
After you have created the task a user will see the tasks on the 'Step change' screen under a section called "Tasks".
- Edit Workflow Step Screen - Emails
- Edit Workflow Step Screen - Related Matters
- Edit Workflow Step Screen - Parties
- Edit Workflow Step Screen - Sales data