Actionstep allows you to easily store and access client invoices within their matter documents. Providing easier access to these documents for things like record keeping, sharing via the client portal, and tracking earlier versions of updated client invoices. You can automatically save the PDF invoice document to the matter in Actionstep
Enabling the functionality - Saving Invoices to Actionstep Matters
- Go to Admin > Billing > Other Settings.
- Toggle the "Save Invoices PDF to Matter by default".
- Press the green Save button.
- Actionstep will create a folder in each billable matter type called "Client Invoices" once the first invoice has been produced from Mass Billing > Bill Production.
Limiting Permissions in Actionstep
PLEASE NOTE: Limiting permissions is only applicable for Actionstep documents. It does NOT apply to NetDocuments.
Some firms may want to limit access to the Client Invoices folder. This can be done by going to Admin>Matter Types>Selecting the relevant matter type>Folders>and selecting the Client Invoices folder.
From here users should see a list of all system roles within their Actionstep system. Users can select the green checks that correspond with the permissions that they're looking to limit and then select "Save."
Reposting Produced Invoices
Occasionally, users may find it necessary to revert a produced invoice/bill to draft, make a change, and then re-finalize that invoice.
Reverting a finalized invoice/bill back to draft:
- Go to the matter of the invoice you would like to revert.
- Click on the billing icon.
- Click on the invoices tab.
- Find and select the invoice.
- Click Revert to draft.
- Once the invoice/bill is back to draft, make the necessary changes and click the Save + Approve button once done.
- To re-finalize the invoice/bill go to Billing > Bill Production. Select the bill/invoice and click Produce.
- To see the old and new versions of the invoice/bill go to the matter > documents> Client invoices >Select the invoice > click the information icon > Select versions.
Q. If I delete an invoice will it delete from the Client Invoices folder in Actionstep or Netdocs?
A. No, the invoice will still remain in the Client invoices folder.
Q. We want to share the invoices automatically in the portal can we do this?
A. Yes, you can do this by sharing the "Client Invoices" folder in the client portal in Actionstep.
Q. I can't see the invoices being saved to the Client invoices folder?
A. Invoices need to be produced to be saved to the folder. Make sure you have produced your bills/invoices so that they are saved, see more here: Bill Production
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article