In the step actions section, you can choose what will happen as a user moves a matter to this step. For each switch that is displayed, there will be a number of options to choose what is created, what the user is prompted to do or what is allowed to happen on this step.
Trust Accounting Data
For the trust accounting options to show please switch the Trust accounting data to "On".
The trust accounting section will appear at the bottom of your screen:
In this section, you can choose to have your matter automatically open a trust accounting record for this matter as the user moves to this step.
For each matter in Actionstep, you must 'add an account' to it to be able to process trust funds through it. This is the process of selecting which trust bank account that you will store client funds in for this matter.
By using this section, you can open a trust current and/or a trust investment account for the matter to save your users having to do this manually later.
For the two options (Current account and Investment account)
- Leave as "(Not applicable)" if you want to not prompt the user to open a trust bank account on this step change.
- Choose "Optional" if you want the user to have to choose to open the trust account.
- Choose "Required" if you want the user to have to choose to not open the trust account.
If a trust account has already been added to the matter when the user moves to the step, the accounts and their status will be listed.
NOTE:While we use the terms "Optional" and "Required" for this setting a user can still choose not to add a trust account while moving to a new step. "Required" will dictate if the tick box to add an account is ticked or not.
- Edit Workflow Step Screen - File Note
- Edit Workflow Step Screen - Sales data
- Edit Workflow Step Screen - Parties
- Edit Workflow Step Screen - Related Matters