This add-on is designed to manage litigation matters. The add-on includes a list of steps and court document templates to help ensure you manage these effectively and efficiently.
- Logical steps to help you and your team keep track of the status of each litigation matter
- Creation of court documents using templates that pre-populate fields with information from the matter
- Set diary dates for future actions, with reminders via txt, screen pop-up or email
- Record file notes and emails related to the matter and litigation
- Upload supporting documents/photos/videos etc.
- Powerful search feature lets you quickly locate matters on file
- Upload and store electronic copies of documents
- Time recording and invoicing
- Compliant trust accounting to manage funds on clients’ behalf
- Share document with clients using a Secure Document Exchange (SDX) portal
- Secure “Chat” feature records conversations related to documents
- Initial Enquiry
- Conflict Check
- Information Gathering
- Wrap Up
You can extend or modify this workflow to suit your business. You can for example add/remove steps, add other participant types, and default “tasks” for each step.
The add-on comes with a list of document templates based on the New South Wales court documents for Uniform Civil Procedure Rules (“UCPR”). You can use these templates to complete court documents.
To create the court documents using the document templates, you will need the Actionstep plug-in for HotDocs. When creating a document using the template fields are pre-populated with information entered on the matter, saving you and your team time and reducing the likelihood of making errors.
Secure Document Exchange (SDX)
You can use Actionstep’s built-in secure portal to share your documents with your clients. You can selectively enable client access on a document-by-document basis. When a client is granted access to a matter they will receive an email with a link to login. Once they have set a password they will be able to see the documents you have granted them access to. An audit trail is maintained of all access to the documents.
This is a great way to give your clients secure access to their documents without having them phoning your firm each time they need a copy.