If you're using Express to help with remote working during COVID-19, here's what you need to know...
Express allows your firm to get up and running right away on a cloud-based system that can be accessed from anywhere on any device. Your team can collaborate on matters, share file notes & documents, manage tasks, track time & billing and see all team activity in one place. Express also gives you visibility of what’s happening across your firm in real-time.
Watch our recorded webinar on using Express
Important Setup tips:
- Do not configure trust accounting, unless you plan to shift your trust onto Actionstep. Having trust records across two systems simultaneously is not recommended and will create a messy audit trail.
- Do not integrate accounting with Xero or Quickbooks, unless you plan to use Actionstep long term. We recommend choosing the "No Accounting" option, which will allow you to create time entries, use the billing features and even send invoices, but these invoices will not process through any accounting system. That will simply be managed in whatever manner you do now.
Global Create button
This is the most important tool to be able to create records in the system. Creating matters, time entries, and uploading documents - it can all be done from here.
To find a matter, simply search for it in the search bar at the top of the page or navigate to "Matters > Matters List" to see all your matters.
Team Collaboration on Matters
We have a number of features that will make it a breeze to collaborate on matters:
- Document storage - any documents that you upload into the matter document storage can be seen by any team member, unless marked as a restricted matter.
- File notes - this is a great place for you to write notes to keep track of changes to a matter. Team members can see any file notes left by other team members as a way to keep up-to-date.
- Tasks - assign tasks to yourself, or to other team members to keep track of all the tasks needed to be actioned on a mater.
- Timesheet - see all the time entries that yourself or your team members have added to matters for individual days.
The process of creating matters and records is easy. If you get stuck, refer to our Onboarding Companion (discussed further down).
- Add users
- Configure billing option as "Billing/Trust accounting only" option, unless you plan to stay with Actionstep long-term. (Admin > Accounting).
- Setup miscellaneous preferences. Please pay attention to your timekeeping settings in Admin > General settings if you intend on using Actionstep to record time entries as this will choose how to round your time entries.
How to use the system
You should receive walkthroughs in the system that show you around the matter, but the features are quite intuitive to use. The best way to get up to speed on using the various features will be to have a look at our Onboarding Companion:
Our Onboarding Companion contains list of videos that will guide you through the basics of using Express. Click here to access.
Redeeming my 6 months
There is nothing that you need to do to receive the system free of charge until 1st October. When you create your system, you will see that you have 7 days free trial. The team here will extend that trial within a couple of business days.
Chat with us
If you have questions, simply log into Actionstep here and click on the green chat icon to chat with the team.