Actionstep recommends that you use the Outlook add-in for Office 365 for your emails as it offers a better experience for users. We would also recommend using the Actionstep Office plugin to manage your documents, however, the plugin will also display in your desktop version of Outlook even when you are using the Outlook add-in for Office 365.
In this article, we show you how you can disable the Office plugin in your Outlook so you can still use it for your documents without it affecting your Outlook.
To help understand the different options for assigning emails and saving documents, see What integration to use for your email and documents.
Disabling Actionstep's Office plugin in Outlook
Open your desktop Outlook and follow these steps.
- Click 'File' in the top left of Outlook
- From the menu on the left, choose 'Options'. This will open a new dialogue window.
- In the dialogue window, choose 'Add-ins'
- Click on the 'Go' button at the bottom of the page
- Untick the box next to 'Actionstep Outlook Add-in' and click OK.
You may have to restart Outlook for the changes to take effect.